Hair Care Mistakes Most Women Make & How to Fix Them
Invest in your hair, it is the crown you never take off! We spend a lot of time and money styling, coloring, blow-drying and using “effective” shampoo and conditioners to keep our locks look beautiful. No matter how pretty our hair appears, we also have to keep in mind how to properly take care of it. Did you know that most of what we do to our hair is wrong? Find out on today’s topic how to fix those hair care mistakes.
- Using of hot water when washing your hair – Wrong. Doing so activates the oil-producing glands. Use warm water instead then use cold shower to stimulate circulation at the roots of your hair and to make your hair look shiny.
- Applying too much shampoo – The quantity depends on the length of your hair. The right way to apply is to put shampoo onto your palms, make a foam then apply to the roots of your hair. Massage with soft fingernails avoiding the nails to touch the skin to avoid causing scratches.
- Drying hair with a towel – STOP IT and don’t tie it around your head! Hair is at its weakest when it’s wet. It will only damage your hair follicles, use a cotton T-shirt or fiber towel instead.
- Excessive combing – Sure you enjoy combing your long, beautiful hair but it can make your hair brittle. Wait for your hair to dry up before combing it. Use a cob with wide-teeth and start from the ends towards the roots.
- Daily use of styling products – I am guilty of this – Curling irons, hairdryers, straightening irons, etc. It’s OK to use these as long as you apply a protective spray like heat protect and the like.
- Dirty combs – Remember, it needs to be washed once a week using warm water and replace your combs regularly.
Are you doing these common hair care mistakes? I am guilty of no. 2 and no. 4 but at least now we know how to fix it! You’re welcome :*
Got value from this post? Then we would love for you to comment below and share this on your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) Research has shown that as you share AyeshaHeart blog posts and comment below, the universe will bring amazing things to your life.