Epic Formula to Prevent Oily Hair
A woman loves to visit salon to get their hair treated and try different hair products such as hair masks, serum, treatments and so on… Yes your hair will be softer but did you know that these products can make your hair stringy and flat and at the same time your scalp gets oily? Though oil in your hair protects your hair from breaking, hair products have ingredients like silicone and this is greasy yikes! Don’t fret! Today I will give you some tips on how to prevent oily hair.
- Shampoo and condition your hair the proper way– Always remember shampoo goes to your roots while conditioner goes to the end of your strands.
- Rinse thoroughly! So self explanatory =)
- Change your shampoo– You may not know but maybe you’re already using a wrong shampoo try to look for a mild shampoo (one with salicylic acid and ketokonazole) plus do not over-wash, it only increases oil production.
- Do not over-brush your hair– If you do, you only drag oil and distribute it to your hair.
- Use dry-shampoo– it eliminates grease as well as it adds volume. Dry shampoo contains Vitamin E that strengthens your hair.
5 Great Home Remedies For Oily Hair Ideas
- Beer– Yes! You read it right it has a drying effect and leaves your hair shiny
- Cider Vinegar – Soak your hair with ¼ cup of Cider Vinegar plus water then wash with warm water
- Tea– it contains an astringent that cuts the oil.
- Lemon juice– Mix it with 1 cup of water, rinse your hair with it then rinse with warm water.
- Healthy diet– You are what you eat! Make sure that you pick foods that are rich in Omega 3, Vitamin A and Biotin (ex. Leafy Greens, Walnut, Eggs and Salmon etc.)
NOTE: Dry, itchy scalp, dandruff? This only means that you lack Vitamin A! Start eating healthy foods and it will definitely perk up the state of your hair. Figure out what’s best for you and have fun!
Anyone else have tips on how to prevent oily hair? Share it in the comments below!
Got value from this post? Then we would love for you to comment below and share this on your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) Research has shown that as you share AyeshaHeart blog posts and comment below, the universe will bring amazing things to your life.